Friday, March 29, 2013

Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley

           

Katie Ashley has done it again.  Her writing just blows me away at times.  Her stories are always intense and heart warming. She has an amazing talent with words and putting them together to help draw you in. 

Jake is your egotistical bad boy rocker and he's not use to being told "no!"  But under that bad boy rocker's wall is a soft hearted man wanting to be loved and to love.  When he meets Abby, he's not sure what to think.  He realizes very fast that Abby isn't your typical girl and she's not a groupie.  She actually is everything he would want in a girl... The kind of girl he would want to bring home to his mama.  But can he keep her after screwing up time and time again?  Can his Angel save him?

Abby isn't your everyday kinda girl.  She's talented with music, actually cares about people (even ones she's never met), and she has love to give.  When Abby firsts meets Jake... let's just say she was in for a surprise.  As she gets to know him she sees past his walls, and see's the man inside.  Though he screws up and even tries to push her away several times, it doesn't change her love for him.  But is her love enough?  Can she save him? 

                            
Here's a little something extra for ya'll.....

This book is amazing and it had me laughing and crying at the same time.  I couldn't put it down, nor did I want too.  This is a must read and I will be owning it in paperback as soon as/if it comes out.  I will be recommending to all of my friends... because I just loved these characters.  They had a real connection and Katie did a wonderful job laying it out to where you could actually feel their connection.  This will be a book I turn to again and again.  

Katie Ashley's Bio:



These things always sound overly pretentious, don't they?
*Strokes chin* What to say about me?!!!
Anyway, I was born and raised in the burbs of Atlanta. I'm an only child with a large extended family much like the one in My Big Fat Greek Wedding...except we're Southerners.
I have a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolesecent English Education. I've been teaching English for twelve years in both middle and high school. I've also taught adjunct classes at a local college where I had students waaay older than me, and that was a weird one!
I'm also a former cheerleading coach. Nothing teaches you about life quite like being stuck on a bus with a squad of fifteen year old girls!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment